Theta Tau is the oldest, largest, and foremost Fraternity for Engineers. Since its founding at the University of Minnesota in 1904, over 35,000 have been initiated over the years. With emphasis on quality and a strong fraternal bond, the Fraternity has chapters only at ABET accredited schools and limits the number of student members in any one of its chapters across the nation.
The purpose of Theta Tau is to develop and maintain a high standard of professional interest among its members, and to unite them in a strong bond of fraternal fellowship.
From recruitment, through pledging, to lifelong brotherhood, our members are:
- Honest & Ethical
- Dependable & Trustworthy
- Respectful of Ourselves and Each Other
- Generous of Time, Talent, & Treasure for Each Other, Theta Tau, and our Community
- Proud that we are the oldest, largest, and foremost Fraternity for Engineers
“Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;…” –Ecclesiastes 9:10
Hammer and Tongs, Gear, Jacqueminot (Dark Red Rose), Dark Red Garnet
- Culture of brotherhood, lifelong relationships, and connection
- Mutual respect and professionalism
- Balance of social, service, and professional activities
- Diversity of engineering disciplines and demographics
For our Brotherhood
We forge lifelong bonds of fraternal friendship, a journey that develops and delivers a network of lasting personal and professional relationships. We foster an inviting, safe, and social environment in which our members become lifelong friends.
For our Profession
We develop and nurture engineers with strong communication, problem-solving, collaboration, and leadership skills that we demonstrate in our profession, our community, and in our lives.
For our Communities
We are known for our service to our college, university and the larger community. Our service projects create a unifying environment for learning and personal growth for our members.
ENGINEERING LEADERS for Service, Profession, and Brotherhood